Wednesday, March 4, 2009

We Interrupt Normal News Programming...

Throughout the day, I'll grab a snack and watch TV for fifteen to twenty minutes. Normally, I'll check the news and see what's going on. Checking the news comes with an expectation - that they will present the news.

I watched a few minutes of CNN today and Rick Sanchez just read different user comments sent in and also on user facebook pages. This went on until a commercial break and then some more afterwards. I came back an hour or two later - same channel, same content, different commentator.

I want to know what is going on in the world. That's what your programming is for. It's not to surf facebook and read people's status. I can do that on my own time. I can't get journalists to come to my house and tell me everything they know. I need a news channel to do that for me. I don't care about random people and their opinions across the country. I want reactions and analysis from professionals.

I know the average person in their job gets less and less done each day due to breaks on facebook, myspace, twitter, and whatever else. I can accept that. I CAN NOT accept people getting paid huge sums of money to present the news to do the same. Check facebook on your own time or on commercial breaks - just give me friggin' news and quit dumbing down America.

No comments:

Post a Comment